5 Hot Facelift Trends of 2018
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons reports that 15.6 million people in the United States went through at least one plastic surgery procedure in 2014. Facelifts are one of the most common plastic surgery procedures, according to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, with about 128,000 Americans having a facelift in 2014. This trend of undergoing a facelift continues into 2018. Facelifts come in all shapes, colors, and sizes today. Facelifts include the traditional rhytidectomy or surgical facelift that leaves you looking younger and more revitalized, to the minimally invasive non-surgical facelift and rejuvenation procedure that also keeps you looking younger than your age. Here are 5 hot trends for facelifts in 2018…
- Facial fillers to add volume: There is a wide selection of dermal fillers available, including hyaluronic acid fillers. These result in natural-looking, long-lasting results for patients. The newest and most effective dermal fillers include JuvéDerm™. This is a next-gen dermal filler, whose smooth consistency instantly restores your skin’s volume and smooths away facial wrinkles and folds. The latter including smile lines and nasolabial folds (these are creases that run from the bottom of your nose to the corners of your mouth). Due to its smooth consistency, JuvéDerm™ can also be used in your lips to add volume and definition.
- Combination therapy: Cosmetic surgeons are adept at combining different procedures for achieving maximum results. So, your plastic surgeon may combine Botox treatment with a traditional surgical facelift. When non-invasive therapies are combined, your plastic surgeon can address the signs of aging without the need for surgery. Many younger patients opt for combination therapy and this trend is likely to continue.
- Niche treatments: You may have a problem with just one feature in your face. This could be a sagging chin or loose, low-hanging earlobes. Your plastic surgeon can address these facial features using area-specific plastic surgery treatments in a safe and effective way. These procedures provide subtle and natural results.
- Facelifts for older patients: Increasingly the concept of growing old gracefully involves plastic surgery treatments, including facelifts. Patients in their 60s and 70s are more regularly visiting plastic surgeons for cosmetic surgery. Of all procedures in this group, eyelid surgeries and facelifts are the most common. With today’s innovative facelift techniques, older patients are experiencing less downtime and great aesthetic results.
- Fat transfer and Microneedling: These procedures continue to be an increasingly popular, wherein stem cells found in body fat are harvested and transferred into the facial folds to achieve a younger and plumper look. Another technique used is Microneedling. The latter is also called collagen induction therapy and is a minimally invasive skin-rejuvenation procedure that uses a Skin Pen which is a device that contains fine needles. The needles are used to lightly puncture the skin and trigger the body’s natural wound healing process. This results in skin surface remodeling, including the formation of collagen and elastin, giving the skin a smooth and youthful appearance.
These are some of the hottest trends in facelifts, both surgical and non-surgical. Newer trends are likely to emerge when it comes to facelifts. If you are thinking of having a facelift, visit the Aesthetic Surgery Centre & MedSpa for a consultation. We follow the highest standards of plastic surgery with our skilled surgeons having thousands of hours of surgical experience among them. At the Aesthetic Surgery Centre & MedSpa, we treat each patient individually and our doctors and support staff will work with you to prescribe and carry out the plastic surgery procedure that is right for you. So, the next time you’re thinking of having that facelift, nose job, or simply a non-surgical rejuvenation procedure, visit the Aesthetic Surgery Centre & MedSpa and you’ll come away completely satisfied and thrilled with your new look!
* All information subject to change. Images may contain models. Individual results are not guaranteed and may vary.